Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Clio2 - water in the rear passenger footwell

View Single Post
post #5 of (permalink) Old 25th April 2010
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Question Re: Clio2 - water in the rear passenger footwell

Originally Posted by Joey B View Post
My 2003 Clio Dynamique has sprung a leak and I can't tell where the water is getting in. I park my Clio on a sloping drive and noticed that there was a great deal of water in the rear passenger footwell (behind the driver's seat.) I absorbed as much as possible with newspaper, cloths etc, but the interior was still damp. When I parked 'nose down' on the drive, the next morning the pedals were submerged in water and I had to bail it out. It's causing interior condensation problems and on icy mornings I have to scrape and de-ice the inside of the windows as well as the outside. Some drips come through the front courtesy light cluster and I'm going to look at the aerial (as suggested in another thread) but I'm not sure that thats where the majority of the water is getting in! It used to collect in the spare wheel cavity too, but my partner drilled a minute hole and this drains away. I've checked the factory fitted sunroof too and there is no evidence of water ingress there. I'm stumped!
I have the same problem. Under the drivers seat and the rear passanger foot well behind it are very wet. Very annoying. I have no problems with my ariel/sunroof area though. I also checked my door seals and they seem in pretty good condtion.

I have had the car for about a year now and I use STP 'son of a gun' on my vinyl and rubber. It seems to keep it all in really good nick. ANY suggestions are welcome! Ill Try anything!
Currently in dickie0205's garage:
2000 Clio Grande RN 5 door. 1.2 Silver Grey.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome