Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - 06 Scenic brakes clicking at low speed.

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 26th April 2010 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
06 Scenic brakes clicking at low speed.

Well the time has come to let the wife start driving the car to aid her on her way to a full licence. So, while sitting it the wrong side of the car I have more time to notice little things. When driving at 12mph ish (we got there eventualy. Bless) and the brakes are applied I can hear a click coming from under the car when the brake is first applied.
Concerned, we swapped back and found that it doesnt happen when braking above 12mph. I am also sure I heard it when dipping the clutch. The 'click' occasionally can be felt through the pedals.
Performance wise, they are sound. Im thinking that this is either meant to be there and I have just had more time to notice it or something dodgy in the master cylinder.
Recommendations not to use the car for teaching purposes will be honoured with immediate effect.
Currently in davidaguthrie83's garage:
Grand Scenic 1.6
  5 Lastest Threads by davidaguthrie83
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Brilliant car care info and products site General Chat mord 7 2196 26th April 2010 09:57 AM
06 Scenic brakes clicking at low speed. Brakes/Hubs greenscenic 2 1119 26th April 2010 08:12 AM
Starting problems with 06 Scenic 1.6 Engines madnoel10 1 1001 19th February 2010 11:42 AM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome