Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - hello im new.... Is the laguna 2 a reliable car?

View Single Post
post #43 of (permalink) Old 26th April 2010
Platinum member
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Re: hello im new.... Is the laguna 2 a reliable car?

My lag has also never failed to start apart from when the TDC went and then it never died completely. It has had the annoying habit of total no go failures though, including one catastrophic one. No it wasn't the turbo but the gearbox went on the mway in france which was a bit of a pain lol.

The intercooler has also been replaced and front springs went into hibernation at an inconvenient time to put it mildly.

I have to take responsibility for the fact the exhaust died as I basically killed it with an 80mph aquaplaning incident necessitating an eventual SS replacement

She also had an aux pulley go which was interesting but covered on warranty, as were the springs.

All told though, I have to say, with bilstein gas rear shocks, all new suspension all round and nearly new tyres, she handles like an absolute beaut. I even get the back end to kick round on a sharp turn with a bit of lift off lol

And there's no better car for eating up the miles

Currently in bpowell555's garage:
2002 Renault Laguna II 2.2dCi Initiale, 1990 E30 325i Touring (Bavarian Tigzwerken Express)
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome