Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - reanaultsport engine conversion..

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 27th April 2010 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
reanaultsport engine conversion..

i guys,

This is my first post here.. I ve searched for a related post in this forum.. so please if im re-posting, im kindly asking you to re-direct me to the original post.

I've always be facinated by the design of the 3door megane, (the one before the last model), therefore i bought a 2005 one, with a 1.9dci engine.

Unfotunatly about 2 months ago, my car was hit badly from behind while parked, it got sandwiched between a pickup truck, and a concrete wall, which meant that this was the end of my car..

im now stuck with with two option from my insurer, either have my car (half) as it is, and get 5500Euro, or else get a cheque of 7000euro. with the latter option i can just buy another regular megane.

the other option gets me to the main scope if this post. Being that 2005's/6's renaultsport 2.0ltr megane are going so low, what do you guys think, of getting one, and swapping the engine with the one i have? then sell the 2.0ltr engine with the remaining. Like so i would get a hopped up 1.9dci megane instead of a standard one. (i could be wrong)

I know that to the renaultsport lovers like myself, it sounds evil!! but i really the styling on the renaultsport, but im sure i wouldnt afford to fuel consumption, nor that of the 2.0dci diesel.

what are the prons and cons of doing so, or if some of you ever saw something similar. p.s i live in malta, and here things like these are generally done on ford cars not renaultss..

thanks in advance.

Last edited by warrenf; 27th April 2010 at 11:09 AM.
  5 Lastest Threads by warrenf
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
reanaultsport engine conversion.. Cars & motoring warrenf 1 745 27th April 2010 10:16 AM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome