Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - clio Rsi spec advice pleeease

View Single Post
post #14 of (permalink) Old 28th April 2010
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Talking Re: clio Rsi spec advice pleeease

Hi Bex.. What bhp does your 2.0 spider engine run at standard? Im unsure wether to go all the way with my clio mk1 1.8 16v lump or to swap to a 2.0 or maybe a 2.0 turbo if i can find something to fit and go from there. Id like to pull about 200bhp from whatever i choose and i already run 100bhp nitrous booost too so that would take it to 300. enough to match the ford rs of today. I can already beat an 02 scooby up to 100, a bmw m3 up to the same and this race was uphill and although a bmw compact left me at the lights within seconds i was ripping past him )). I think he caught me off guard.. yeah that was it lol Currently running at 240/250 i think (when on boost). they start at 137, plus intake and exhaust plus boost. I just want more tho. Also buddy my biggest issue is im looking for a 6 speed box that will fit. Thats why i run out of real steam at 100.. i only have 4 gears at the moment :S. Still she pulls to nearly 70 of that in second gear. It doesnt figure really! Do you know of any in the performance tuning world or just one that'l fit whilst maintaining some sort of decent gear ratio??
Currently in VaVaVoom_jonny's garage:
Clio mk 1 1.8 16v with air filter and exhaust.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome