Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Scenic - Rear Suspension Knock,Shock Absorbers Commonly Snapping

View Single Post
post #105 of (permalink) Old 30th April 2010
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Re: Renault Scenic - Rear Suspension Knock,Shock Absorbers Commonly Snapping

.... a slight knocking coming from the rear nearside shock absorber so went to autofactor to purchase a replacement (now about 43 for a megane I) then terrific banging on return coming from offside rear! On jacking rear end the offside shocker fell apart revealing the apparently common sheared top end; new shocker fitted but knock still there from nearside so another trip to the autofactor and the removal of that shocker revealed that there was very little dampening in the old one. Guess I was lucky to be able to sort both out at the same time thanks to the comments and advice of previous contributors. Megane I requires 21mm socket (or old sparkplug spanner size) for both upper and lower bolts and all can be torqued up with the wheels in situ ... although the torques involved require a bit of effort in the confined space of the wheel arch and on the nearside lower bolt where one has to pull up rather than push down on the torque wrench.
Currently in LM's garage:
2001 megane 1.4 expression
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome