Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Scenic - Rear Suspension Knock,Shock Absorbers Commonly Snapping

View Single Post
post #106 of (permalink) Old 1st May 2010
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Re: Renault Scenic - Rear Suspension Knock,Shock Absorbers Commonly Snapping

This thread is superb, and i thank you all. I had the same problem on my wifes Scenic this week, so i ordered 2 rear KYB Shocks for 67 posted (if you check your old Renault shocks you will see they are identical and are made by KYB also in Spain), however Renault wanted 190 for a pair lol.

Anyhow i have a small query in the pics i see the new shocks mounted still with the white banding on, when i primed mine prior to fitting i compressed them 5 times but left the banding on , is this ok and they are primed correctly? I removed the banding once fitted to vehicle.

Also as above i found the 22mm 12 point socket to be loose on the top mount bolt, nearly slipping, is it actually a 21mm 12 point then?

To sum up, the 2 shocks i removed seem fine , no snapped parts , maybe a little slow/stiff. That said though after replacing with new shocks the Scenic is not knocking anymore and the wife reckons it is smoother to drive, so i guess i did something right.

Again thanks for the useful info.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome