Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Scenic - Unable To Open Rear Door After Using Child Lock

View Single Post
post #11 of (permalink) Old 1st May 2010
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Send a message via MSN to Bodincus
Re: Renault Scenic - Unable To Open Rear Door After Using Child Lock

I had one of my Megane Scenic Mark I rear door lock fail suddenly. Here's what happened...
  • Doors closed, and then locked with the plip in the evening.
  • In the morning, the lock for the O/S rear door won't open. The actuator was trying to open the lock, but no success.
  • Door could not be opened from inside or outside, handles won't catch.
  • Impossible to open the door, so impossible to take the lock out. Catch 22.
...and how I sorted it:
  • Seat removed, door card removed, a bit of jiggery-pokery, push and pull, nothing worked.
  • Removed all the three rods to have a bit of room to move (external handle, internal handle, manual unlock tab).
  • Removed the white plastic anti-tamper protection prising with a long blade screwdriver on the three tabs (see following pic)
  • Pulled out the white plastic bit out of the way.
  • Now you need something long, extremely stiff and pointy. I used a small head philips screwdriver with a 10 inch blade. It has to be sharp, or you won't be able to fir it in the small gap I'm going to show you.
  • Below, there's the lock in the locked position. Note the brass round bit on the bottom right.
  • Now for the trick: use that pointy thing and push in that position in the direction of the arrow.
  • The lock will click and unlock, see following pic:
  • Note how the round brass bit has moved to the top. The door is now unlocked - you should hav heard the lock click, you can open it!
Instructions and pictures are for the O/S rear door, mirror it if it's the N/S door. You need a lot of patience. Be careful, the space there is tight and some bodywork edges can be nasty. Cheers!
Currently in Bodincus's garage:
2010 Scénic 1.6 VVT Dynamique ˇ 2010 Twingo 1.2 16V i-Music
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Bodincus For This Useful Post:
anesa_h (18th August 2013), city51 (25th June 2014), reddicap (20th July 2010)
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome