Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Window regulator - Scenic

View Single Post
post #5 of (permalink) Old 3rd May 2010
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Send a message via MSN to Bodincus
Exclamation Re: Window regulator

Here's what I'd do:
  1. Note to self: remember we're in Britain and our N/S is everybody else's O/S in EU;
  2. Go back to the ****** that said me to twist the cables to twist his head off and demand for a full refund;
  3. Go to a reputable Renault dealer and order the proper part (or take a trip to the nearest scrappy, take the right one out from a similar car and save a bundle ).
Seriously, it won't work.

I went to a scrappy, chose another Megane Mark I (it doesn't have to be a Scenic, you won't believe how many parts are the same), after 4 hex screws to take the door card off, 2 hex bolts to take the window guide off, 5 bolts to take the whole mech out and a tenner to the scrappy, I had the proper part.

I often get spares from the scrapyard, for non-vital parts, they are more likely to fit without problems.

Also, the practice to remove the part from the scrap car is a good exercise to know how to put it back in your car.

To date, I got:
  • Both rear door locks (replacement)
  • N/S window actuator (repl.)
  • Various engine management sensors (repl.)
  • Drawer under passenger seat (add-on)
  • Boot cubby holes doors (add-on)
  • N/S direction indicator (repl.)
  • O/S direction repeater (repl.)
  • N/S tweeter (repl.)
I have spent in total £ 62. Yes, I am that peculiar to keep an account of my expenditure at the scrappy.

A good Haynes helps a lot.

Currently in Bodincus's garage:
2010 Scénic 1.6 VVT Dynamique · 2010 Twingo 1.2 16V i-Music
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome