Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Espace III - Electronics - Fix the automatic door light (how to with pics)

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 13th July 2006 Thread Starter
Diamond member
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Thumbs up Renault Espace III - Electronics - Fix the automatic door light (how to with pics)

Model: Renault Espace 2.0 16V RT-X (X/2000)

Problem: When you open the door, the light above it isn't switched on

Granted, this is one of the easiest thing to resolve, but I just love to make pictures When you open the door, normally a courtesy light above it will switch on so you can see where you are going when it is pitch dark. It is not enough to read a book by, but useful none-the-less. I found that mine was a bit intermittent in use, so I knew that the bulb inside was working fine, it must be something else.

Gently (overused word, but very applicable to these things) pull out the light module. Just try one side first, then the other, then back to first, etc, until it 'pops' out.

These light modules are surprisingly simple. The two copper prongs will make contact with the metal rocker inside when the switch is in the center position. Just push them a bit inwards using a screwdriver, but be carefull not to push them to far. just enough to make contact with the metal rocker.

Presto! A working light

Push the light module back into its slot and repeatedly open and close the door to test it Don't forget that the lights remain on for a short period of time after you've closed the doors.

If this doesn't work for you, you may have a dodgy bulb or a dodgy connector or even a lose wire somewhere. I suggest you try the bulb first as that is the easiest to replace/buy.

You can see all the pictures above (and much, much more) in my gallery on my website.

Last edited by Quinten; 9th December 2007 at 06:35 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Quinten For This Useful Post:
drzux (2nd January 2013)
  5 Lastest Threads by Quinten
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
It's adios from me... General Chat tankface 5 1582 23rd February 2008 07:56 PM
Renault Espace III - Electronics - Fix the... Espace 1 4895 13th July 2006 02:02 PM
Renault Espace III - Electronics - How to resolve... Espace shscc 100 126011 13th July 2006 01:37 PM
Weekly bulletin Feedback & Announcements Quinten 5 1682 8th July 2006 09:48 PM
Seat removal Renault Espace III Interiors rodmaker 15 5162 5th July 2006 07:43 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome