Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Clio dropping power

View Single Post
post #7 of (permalink) Old 6th May 2010
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Re: Clio dropping power

Hi everyone.

I have a Clio 172 2001 and seem to be having a very similar problem, though it's very predictable on mine.

Every morning, or any amount of time after the car has been stood, it starts fine, then after driving about 500 yards it the power just disappears, no matter how hard you have your foot on the accelerator. Itís as if no fuel is getting through what so ever. If you take your foot off the accelerator and re apply, it will be fine for a few seconds until it the same thing happens again over and over. (sometimes, if you keep your foot on the accelerator, it will fire into action with an almighty jolt)

Now all this happens for about 1 mile, then everything is fine until the car gets stood again. Doesn't matter whether its sunny, raining, snowing or icy, it does the same everyday. Very annoying.

No lights come on at any point. I have just had it serviced, including the fuel filter being changed. I have also had the plugs & leads cleaned, but the problem is exactly the same.

I know a small bit about cars but I know if I take this kind of problem to a garage it could cost a bomb before they even find the problem.

Any advice on where to start?
Currently in binarydave10110's garage:
2001 Renault Clio 172
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome