Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Scenic - Jacking disaster

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 10th May 2010 Thread Starter
Scenic Demon
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Scenic - Jacking disaster

Right, you can all have a good laugh at me on this one, i just got a puncture in the rear nearside tyre and had to change the wheel in the dark..... i got all the kit out and jacked up on the jacking point....... except it wasn't the jacking point, just some plastic cap on the bottom of the sill which was the same size as the jacking head.... so you can guess what happened next, the car lifting initially then the head of the jack ripped straight through the sill.... i think i deserve a :loser: at this point

so anyway, whats done is done, i've bent it back in as best i can and covered it in gaffer tape to keep the water and crap out of it.

next step is getting it fixed. now that sill is a mighty large piece of metal/plastic all together - running from front to back bumper and right up over the top of the doors etc, all one piece it looks like.

anyone like to guess how much i might be looking at to replace it, or if its possible to patch the damaged piece without replacing the whole thing.

suddenly the new tyre doesn't seem so expensive.
Currently in Scenic Demon's garage:
11 Reg Skoda Octavia 1.6 MPi SE and a 2001 Yamaha YZF600R Thundercat
  5 Lastest Threads by Scenic Demon
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
farewell Renault friends General Chat KE 4 1288 30th April 2011 05:22 PM
Scenic - Jacking disaster Bodywork Scenic Demon 20 6243 10th May 2010 08:56 PM
two wheels good four wheels baaaaaaaaaad My mottah! Scenic Demon 11 2297 10th July 2009 08:29 PM
SORN Help Cars & motoring Scenic Demon 7 1921 23rd April 2009 08:26 AM
Scenic servicing Cars & motoring madnoel10 12 5546 22nd January 2009 08:56 AM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome