Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Busted spring rear brakes 98 clio

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 14th May 2010 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Unhappy Busted spring rear brakes 98 clio

Hi All...this is my first post so go easy on me. I wish it was an easy problem for a first timer.

My son recently had the rear brakes of his 1998 1.4 8V clio serviced (new pads) a "mate". My wife was driving it the other day and had a loud grinding sound coming from the rear nearside drum.

I have removed the drum and found the upper spring (1 long arm and 1 short) to be in two bits and half of the spring and pads ground down by the drum.

No problem says new spring but could not work out where or how it connected. So I compared it to the other side. This side has the spring connected to one shoe and the other connects to a rod that protrudes in a "U shape" around the adjuster mechanism.
Now this is odd as this rod is not fitted to the side the spring broke...but I am now not sure the fool, has this side fitted properly either.

This "u shaped Rod" is not in the spring kit either.

Can anyone help me with a picture of the correct assembly as my local Halfords dont stock THIS book AS THERE IS ONLY A ABOUT 16 MILLION CLIO ABOUT!!! lol
Also can anyone assit in identifying this "rod" as a spare part.

Told you it wasnt easy

thanks and hello

5 Lastest Threads by madgolfaddict
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Clio No start: Heart beat monitor warning lamp on Electronics madgolfaddict 0 1810 14th April 2011 05:09 PM
Clio Fault injection warning: no start. Engines madgolfaddict 0 1032 23rd November 2010 05:49 PM
Busted spring rear brakes 98 clio Brakes/Hubs mozart 5 5685 14th May 2010 09:47 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome