Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Clio 2001 Dynamique - Brakes juddering

View Single Post
post #30 of (permalink) Old 17th May 2010
Barry Barlow
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Re: Renault Clio 2001 Dynamique - Brakes juddering

Hi there, I know this thread is rather old but I have the exact same problem on my recently purchased daughters Mark II Clio. My first thoughts were that the brake pads were scrapping on the discs (as you would) so I stripped the front brakes down and found that the pads were almost new but the discs were worn, I replaced both front brake discs and pads thinking that this would solve the problem but nope, it is still doing exactly the same.

From there I checked the rear brakes as all four wheels have sensors and (reluctor rings) and found those to be in good condition.

I have sinse spoken to my local reputable garage who informs me that because the ABS light is not on during normal conditions then this is not an electrical fault, I was thinking maybe sensors but as I was told, not electrical but mechanical.

I have also checked out all four reluctor rings and they are fitted securley, they have the correct number of teeth for that vehicle ect.

I really do not know where to go from here and I am now stumped as to what the problem could be?

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated, thank you in advance.
Currently in Barry Barlow's garage:
Renault Clio 2002 1200 16 valve
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome