Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Clio 2 - Bonnet Catch Failures

View Single Post
post #998 of (permalink) Old 18th May 2010
Technical Supremo

Nominated 16 Times in 67 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 28
Thanked 5,199 Times in 4,711 Posts
Re: BBC Watchdog report :: Faulty Renault Clio bonnet catches

Looks like VOSA neither have the powers or will do deal with this problem. If that be the case then in my ipinion this organisation is not fit for purpose. I would seem they do not have the technical or legal ability to interpret the implications of what they have said or done when dealing with this scenario.
Personally I would suggest the matter be pushed up the chain over their heads but getting a proper response from the relevant department may be more difficult still as you then enter the realms of politicians and spin doctors. Furthermore it may better to concentrate on the effectiveness of VOSA rather than Renault as VOSA are charged with overseeing vehicle safety so such incompetence not only applies to the Clio bonnet incident but also their responsibilities to the public at large. Lets be honest if their written communications are anything to go by I personally would have no trust in their capabilities of overseeing MOT standards or their investigating standards, skills or resources.
Currently in madnoel10's garage:
Honda Civic 1.4l
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome