Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Laguna II - Interiors - Disabling the front passenger airbag. ( Also Clio info )

View Single Post
post #7 of (permalink) Old 14th September 2005
Platinum member
Nominated 0 Times in 7 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 8
Originally Posted by SportTourer
I think this is something Renault ( and other manufacturers) have introduced recently to allow us to put children in the front seat, without any danger from the airbag. Our 04 model has this switch, there is also a switch that needs the ignition key to be used on the wifes Pug (03 model).
The barmy thing is that our 02 Clio has it: It's a switch in the passenger door that's operated by the ignition key. I can't be sure about production dates, but from a registration point of view, the Clio is actually about a month older than the Laguna. I believe the Laguna was built to order because of the optional factory fit sat-nav, so in all probability, the Clio came off the production line first.

Maybe the Laguna doesn't have it because it has rear passenger doors. With the Clio being a 3 door car, it just doesn't make sense to put a child seat in the back unless you really have to. Just for the sake of curiosity: Could someone with a 5 door post-facelift MkII Clio tell me whether or not their car has the switch on the passenger door?
Currently in Horatio's garage:
2010 Laguna III Initiale.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome