Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Laguna 3 - Misbuild from the factory...

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 21st May 2010 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Laguna 3 - Misbuild from the factory...

Hi All,

Wanted to share with you what im dealing with at the moment and see if anyone has had, or is having similar issues.

I bought a Laguna 3 Sports Tourer back in April 2009 (5/6 months old at the time). Earlier this year - I started to feel what I would describe as a clunking feeling through the steering wheel when I started to move away, or started to brake.

I took it back to the dealership and they took a look at it - told me a bolt had been tightened in the wrong place in an oval mounting hole and I went on my way. It seemed ok at first, but the issue came back.

The car has been at a renault dealer now for 3 weeks. They told me at first, the a bracket between the steering collumn and the chassis (near to your clutch foot) was missing two bolts. They could tell these bolts had never even attempted to be put in because a) the holes don't line up and b) the chassis part welded nuts are untapped/unthreaded. Apparently the threading is done by the bolt.

They assumed the bracket had been mis-manufactured. So they ordered this new plate from the assembly line in France - but on arrival it was exactly the same.

Apparently now Renault Technical have been involved, and where this bracket bolts to the chassis - it's a plate welded to the main chassis. They now want to drill the welds, and re-weld it in place, so that it does line up with the holes. I'm concerned this re-weld will not be as strong as the original.

I'm even more concerned that Renault have now labelled this car as a "Misbuild from the factory".

I'm takin legal advice from consumer direct and talking with the finance company around the subjecty of the Supply of Goods act to see what my options are.

Anybody else have any similar experience or advice etc ?

Someone, somewhere, knows that this car wasn't built properly. The two bolts left over in the machine at the end of the day - the robot which would have logged that it didn't put these two bolts in etc. I'm almost tempted to use the word negligence...

Currently in Donkeh's garage:
2010 Renault Laguna III Dynamique S 2.0 dCi 150 Sports Tourer
  5 Lastest Threads by Donkeh
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
New Laguna My mottah! DuffDrinker 10 2919 29th October 2010 11:46 AM
Renault Website as Reliable as their cars ? General Chat andytvcams 3 1208 28th October 2010 02:45 PM
New Laguna III Bodywork SportTourer 1 1187 4th October 2010 08:21 PM
Lagune III Tow Bar / Cycle Carrier Tools & equipment Pat Man 7 3939 15th September 2010 11:31 AM
Laguna III - Electric Windows Electronics hondo 11 2860 31st August 2010 12:29 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome