Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Clio 2 - Bonnet Catch Failures

View Single Post
post #1004 of (permalink) Old 22nd May 2010
Technical Supremo

Nominated 16 Times in 67 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 28
Thanked 5,200 Times in 4,712 Posts
Re: BBC Watchdog report :: Faulty Renault Clio bonnet catches

You can change the master but you may not be able to change the dogs behaviour. It makes very little difference very few politicians are prepared to change their civil service departments viewpoints or attitudes. Only one minister (John Reid) ever had the ba**s to openly criticise one of his own departments stating it was not fit for purpose. I remember meeting him some years ago when he reviewed a government dept I worked for and he personally told me that you cannot sucesssfully run any organistaion by circulating memos - a very obvious civil service trait. People must be made responsible for their actions or lack thereof.
In this particlular case it is obvious that there has been no direct response to any aspect of the problem - just loads of mealey mouthed waffle being flung at the matter in the hope that it will disappear under its own dung-heap. In my experience this behaviour is a distinct sign of incompetence and either a departments or individuals incompetence goes all the way to the top whether those in charge like it or not.
Currently in madnoel10's garage:
Honda Civic 1.4l
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome