Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Scenic 2 - Tailgate Not Locking

View Single Post
post #4 of (permalink) Old 22nd May 2010
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Re: scenic doors not locking

Originally Posted by Jimmylinton View Post
I think it might stem from the bootcatch not catching, would this cause the whole central locking to fail. It does make a clickclunk noise but does not lock the doors.
I know this is an old thread - with no resolution, but today it happened to me. "Me2"

Mine's an 09 Scenic II (one of the last) and today (for the second time) the boot refused to latch shut. As a result, the doors will not lock (I get the clickclunk, but still not locked). I also have a warning on the dash "Boot open" and a beep every few seconds while I'm driving. I didn't notice if the interior lights stayed on, as it was very bright sunshine today

I stopped and poked around a lot at the latching mechanism, with no result. The rotating hook in the boot lid moves freely, but doesn't catch closed. When I drop the boot lid there's no satisfying clunk, just a clack sound.

Anyway, I drove home and emptied the shopping out of the boot, and still no locking available. The whole car is insecure!

On the phone, and of course it's lunch time Saturday, so none of the dealers can help me until Monday, when I've to call back to book an appointment.

An hour later, and it automagically works once more. Was this the heat? Was it a gremlin? Was it just a bad day? As I say, this is the second occasion this has happened, as my wife now tells me that when I was in hospital and she was visiting, she had to leave the car unlocked in the car park, but didn't want to worry me at that time.

The car is less than a year old, and still under warranty. But the fault has gone away, so the dealer won't do anything. What does the panel think? Is there a simple fix, or is it a computer/electronic glitch? Hope someone can help please.

Currently in momist's garage:
2009 Renault Mégane Scénic II Team 1.5 dCi106
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome