Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Modus Servicing

Thread: Modus Servicing
View Single Post
post #3 of (permalink) Old 24th May 2010 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Re: Modus Servicing

Many thanks Asterix...I've just had a very peculiar conversation with the dealership on the phone which has left me very confused. I have my car serviced every 12 months and don't do a lot of mileage (typical woman I hear you cry!!) I've done about 18.5k miles and the dealership said that my service will cost £217 but in Oct of 2011 it will cost me £442.18 when the '48 month' service is due. Apparently the 1st 3 services are basic services??? she also said that I can either have it serviced based on its mileage or its age. if I go on mileage I will pay 217 now and then a further 442 in October(???) Can anyone shed any light on this as I am completely confused!!!!

The warranty does indeed run out this year as it will celebrate its 3rd birthday in Oct. I've priced up at Nationwide Autocentre and their price is very good even for a major service where they change all the coolants etc. apparently, that wont happen for the £217 that Renault charged. I asked the woman at Renault what was involved in the £442 service but she wouldn't tell me...Why is it so secretive? it is MY car after all!!!

Currently in hayles's garage:
Gold Modus 1.4 Dynamique, born in 2007, not in a garage, but probably should be since someone tried to wrench the door off!!!
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome