Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Clio 2 - Bonnet Catch Failures

View Single Post
post #1005 of (permalink) Old 24th May 2010
Diamond member
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Re: BBC Watchdog report :: Faulty Renault Clio bonnet catches

Hmmm a bit late (it should have arrived on Friday afternoon - after the DoT representative pressed send instead of "save to draft") - but alas it is an apology.

Do I accept it...well yes and no,cos it is difficult for someone to backtrack on what was a very insulting and personal attack of an email.

"I would just like to send a short note of apology for any offence that may have been caused by an e-mail mistakenly sent to you by one of my team members on Friday.

The message was intended to ensure that the Minister***8217;s constituency office did not respond to a query which fell within the Department***8217;s remit and which was already being dealt with by VOSA, the departmental agency responsible vehicle safety.

The Department is committed to improving road safety and where vehicle faults are identified VOSA ensure that all necessary steps are taken.

Kind regards"

My response has already been sent, and I am awaiting a response from the Secretary of State for Transport. I am sure the MPs can write responses to emails can't they?

Aaron Brigatti
Brigatti Online -

Clio Bonnet-Catch Issues?
- Read the Correspondence Archive (Recently Updated!) @
- and the latest on my experiences @

Currently in brigatti's garage:
2009 Audi A4 1.4 TFSI

Last edited by brigatti; 24th May 2010 at 08:44 PM.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome