Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Clio 2 - Bonnet Catch Failures

View Single Post
post #1008 of (permalink) Old 25th May 2010
Platinum member
Nominated 0 Times in 1 Post
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 2
Re: BBC Watchdog report :: Faulty Renault Clio bonnet catches

Originally Posted by Azurael View Post
I'm absolutely flabbergasted by how rude this response was.... It's absolutely disgusting that these moronic souls are involved at the highest level of organisations responsible for public safety, let alone the fact that they are utterly unaccountable for, and irresponsible in, their decisions and I sincerely hope a severe earbashing is in on the way from her superiors.
It is just a crumb they won't even have to sweep under the carpet.

This does not auger well for Mike Penning himself really but hey, Cameron and Clegg themselves should be embarrassed (given that they are the "new broom" and all that jazz) and we all know they won't even hear about it unless the press wades in, which so far they haven't despite the number of times this danger has been highlighted on television. Remember a recent issue between an outgoing prime minister and "just a bigoted woman". This one is between a Diary Secretary and "just a bigoted Clio2 victim".

Renault have DOSH-POWER bro; they wield big bucks all around, be that insurance portfolios, political party support, media advertising campaigns and whatever else; too bad not enough of us customers have done what a mere few have done, i.e. moved away from the brand and anything the brand or its holding companies appear on. A new advertising campaign and the public flocks back. It has still cost them because I sincerely believe that some advertising was rendered necessary by this issue. They are intent on saving face and Aaron is jogging uphill. This rude email could turn out to be useful.

In other words, Renault can buy up and hide any adverse publicity it wants. Did you think only North Africans have shiny (greased) palms?

We live in a back-scratching society and there's no getting away from it.

Confucius he say "Wise Inuit never eats yellow snow"
Currently in vass20's garage:
Citroen Relay 2.2 HDi + Citroen C4 1.6 HDi EGS
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome