Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Scenic II - Access to resistor pack?

View Single Post
post #42 of (permalink) Old 27th May 2010
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Re: Scenic II - Access to resistor pack?

Originally Posted by delkhela View Post
please help it very cold driving this car without any heat,how can i get to the resistor pack on the scenic 11somebody please help .
ive tried removing the glove box ,but i appears the dash might have to be removed ,has anybody done this?

Hi there, I have just replaced the resistor pack on my 2004 scenic with climate. I had no fan working and traced the fault down to the resistor pack.
Not a easy job but my friend said that he would give it ago and help me, I got the new resistor pack from GSF Peterborough for 39.60 + vat (Came without the wiring loom).
We attempted to get in where the LCD Dash is but, there was a screw holding the resitor pack in and was unable to remove it.
So we had to start removing the dash!!!!!!!!
After about an hour the dash was out, removed the resistor pack and noticed that the pollen filter was blocked, once we worked out that to remove the pollen filter i attemped to clean it but, it was too clogged up, got a new ordered from my local renault dealer ( 17.90 inc vat).
Put the car all back together, was a bit concered when connecting the passenger airbag up!!! all done by 11.30, powered the car up and the climate started working
I think that my problem was all to do with the pollen filter being blocked and stopping the airflow therefore allowing the resistor pack to burnout.
Got the aircon recharged and now the car is sweet......
If you are having problems with your heater i recommend that you check your POLLEN FILTER.

Regards........... M..................
Currently in fatboyorange's garage:
2004 Renault Scenic II 1.6 Petrol
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome