Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Laguna 3 - Misbuild from the factory...

View Single Post
post #4 of (permalink) Old 28th May 2010
Platinum member
Nominated 0 Times in 7 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 8
Re: Laguna 3 - Misbuild from the factory...

Where exactly does this 'factory mis-build' show up? Is it somewhere where a potential buyer is likely to see it, or is it just on a Renault computer somewhere?

As long as it has been repaired to the proper standard, I see no obligation to declare this to a future owner. As a courtesy, you might mention in passing that it had a fault from the factory that was rectified by the dealer. I don't think you'd need to disclose any more than that.

So if the car ends up being repaired to your satisfaction and the resale value remains unaffected, I really don't see why there's any cause for concern.

Mord may well be right that you could reject the car if you wanted to, though you may find yourself liable for a deduction for the amount of time you've had it and mileage that you've put on it. Is it really worth being out of pocket just as a matter of principle? If you're otherwise happy with the car, I'd recommend that you let them fix it, and then put all of this behind you.
Currently in Horatio's garage:
2010 Laguna III Initiale.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome