Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Megane Coupe Y Reg - Ignition Barrel Change

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 28th May 2010 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Unhappy Megane Coupe Y Reg - Ignition Barrel Change

Hi I lost my keys last Friday in a taxi and didn't get them back until tuesday, we had a locksmith try and pick the ignition barrel to start the car, unfortunately when we got the keys back the key would not go into the ignition as he must of snapped the pins!

We've managed to get a new ignition barrel from a scrapyard, i've wired the new barrel up but it will not start the car. Seems its not sending any electronic signal to the spark plug? It does try and start and we do get electrics but it doesn't fire the engine up.

Do we need to take the car to a Auto electronics garage to have the new barrel/key synced with the electronic system? I thought the new barrel would of worked but obviously we are missing something.
Any help is much appreciated we have not been able to use the car for a week now.

Thank you in advance for any help.
  5 Lastest Threads by TJackson
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Megane Coupe Y Reg - Ignition Barrel Change Cars & motoring TJackson 7 5686 28th May 2010 09:49 AM
Megane Coupe Y Reg - Ignition Barrel Change Electronics TJackson 1 1551 28th May 2010 08:54 AM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome