Join Date: Mar 2010
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Thanked 2 Times in 1 Post
Re: Laguna 2 Rear Axle Bushes-Read This!
just done this job on my car so thought id write down the instructions
(1) Jack up rear of vehicle on both sides, and put stands under both sides of the body so as the wheels are of the ground.
(2) Remove both rear wheels, put the jack under the axle as a support, and unclip the brake pipe flex hoses from the support bar and the abs and handbrake cables.
(3) Undo both bush carrier centre bolts, and then remove the link bar that the brake pipes were attached to,(some cars may have a level sensor attached to this bar for the headlamps, this must be disconnected as well).
(4) Undo both bush carriers from the body (donít worry it wont drop due to the shocks being still connected, you can now see the bushes.
(5) Put the jack under one side under where the spring sits and take the weight of the axle, then remove the shock top bolt this is much easier than the bottom, then lower the jack. You should now have good access to fit the wind out tool.
(6) Spray the old bush with wd40 and wind it out, donít worry they arenít that tight, once out clean the hole and refit the new bush with the tool (remember the bushes are not the same on both sides). Jack back up and fit top shock bolt.
(7) Repeat items 5 and 6 for the other side.
(8) Reattach the bush carriers to both sides using the centre bolt only first .donít forget the bolt has to go through the brake pipe support bar, You may have to jack the axle up to align the bolts with their holes. Once they are in fit the remaining bolts and tighten them all.
(9) Reclip the brake pipes, abs wires and handbrake cables in place.
(10) Take 5 mins to double check the tightness of everything then refit your wheels, remove from stands and enjoy no more banging from the rear.
(11) This is not a hard job to do and took me 2.5 hours from start to finish not knowing what i was doing.
(12) You can do it
Laguna rear axle bush change instructions
Currently in poiuytrewqphones's garage:
2003 laguna 1.9 dci estate dimonique