Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Help! rear doors won't open

View Single Post
post #6 of (permalink) Old 15th July 2006
Platinum member
Nominated 0 Times in 1 Post
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 2
Originally Posted by jifwally
It's an R reg 2.2 dT estate

I can't find a door lock button on the drivers door, the only button (I can see) is a button by the handbrake that has a picture of 4 doors on it. There is currently a flashing red led. If you turn the ignition on the flashing red led goes out. If you hold the button down the led stops flashing and is just lit. This button appears to lock and unlock the doors but thats it.

It doesn't seem to matter which way i push the button, which appears to be on some sort of rocker switch, the rears doors won't open , even though you can here them unlock

The child lock idea seems right as it is both rear doors, although you can't open them from the outside either.

anyone got an owners manual they could lock in?

Mine is an02 reg. It has a rocker switch near the H/brake. Press one side to lock and press the other side to unlock all doors.

It sounds like yours may have gone out of sequence. One thing worth trying is to reboot the computer. Ithink there are several threads about that in the knowledge base. But you will also have to reset the windows, sunroof and anything else you have already got programmed.

Try holding the opening button down for a few seconds first. It may well reset it; sorry I can't be more helpful but I have never had this problem.

Currently in vass20's garage:
Citroen Relay 2.2 HDi + Citroen C4 1.6 HDi EGS
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome