Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Laguna II 1.9Dci - Engines - Hesitation Cured after EGR cleaned

View Single Post
post #147 of (permalink) Old 3rd June 2010
Diamond member
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Re: Renault Laguna II 1.9Dci - Engines - Hesitation Cured after EGR cleaned

Originally Posted by mikeod View Post
I have a 2006 1.9 130bhp Lag - can anyone confirm the EGR valve location? The engine layout of mine appears slightly different from all the pictures I've seen so far. Has the appearance of the valve itself changed?
Sorry Mike, I can't help you there. My Haynes manual only goes up to 54 plates! They are usually in the same housing as the rest of the throttle/damper unit is. Try finding the air inlet manifold and work your way along that. The 2.2 litre version also has an EGR pipe connected to it, so that's another possible indication.

Cleaned mine again at the weekend and thought I'd buggered it. I really went for it with the carb spray! Firstly I managed to clean most of the soot out of the channels....was really difficult & I ended up using a small screwdriver head I had. Probably not the best idea ever, but it worked.

Then I sprayed what carb spray I had left in and around the hole. Loads must have gone inside the main hole/port. She sounded fine when I first started her up. I drove a short distance to the main road & she felt great. However, I then revved it up a bit and almost killed the car. When I pulled away, the revs seemed to stay still. However, when I eventually got it up to 3000 revs, the turbo finally kicked in and the result was immense! Pity it was like a tractor at low speeds though.

After a few short (but fast) runs down the main road, she was back to normal. Would this just have been the excess carb spray getting into the port???

It's much easier now and performing just as it was (possibly a little better) before. There is the occasional judder sometimes when taking your foot off the accelerator however, but nothing major. Glad that it seemed to end well!
Currently in Marky70's garage:
Laguna II 1.9dci 52 plate
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome