Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Grinding noise on acceleration, all gears, quiet when upto speed, manual Laguna I V6

View Single Post
post #7 of (permalink) Old 4th June 2010 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Re: Grinding noise on acceleration, all gears, quiet when upto speed, manual Laguna I

Originally Posted by Hammer-ter View Post
Before I started stripping down the gearbox I would carefully check the engine mountings - not sure about the v6 but most renaults have 3 - 1 top right, 1 on top of the gearbox & one right underneath between the diff & body.

Any floppiness in these mountings would be worse under full engine power & might let engine or exhaust touch the underbody somewhere making the noise you describe?

Its just that a check like this costs nothing. Renault engine mountings have been known to fail - ask any owner of an old DCi Scenic for example

The tops mounts are fine, the bottom however looks in decent shape, except for the hair-line gap that instantly becomes noticable when the engines running.

quoted 40.92 +vat from renault, nobody else can get ahold of them

insult to injury, i have discovered a power steering leak, (red/brown liquid) i can see the pipework it's coming from, it is only slight (one drop every 40 secs). Can anyone recommend a stop leak product until i rectify my main job?
Currently in urban_eagle's garage:
V6 Turbo Initial RTi Laguna II / V6 Initial RTi Laguna I / 1.2 Punto
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome