Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Scenic 1 - Boot Lock Button Fix

View Single Post
post #115 of (permalink) Old 7th June 2010
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Wink Re: Renault Scenic 1 - Boot Lock Button Fix

Originally Posted by rosielaids View Post
Hi there everyone.

I'm a brand new user to this and wondered if anyone can help me.

I have a 4 year old renault megane scenic and the boot lock fell out last month.

I called renault and they said they have never hear of this happening. I was quoted 50 for a new black boot lock and 17 to have it sprayed to matdch the colour of my car!

I have since seen a few scenics with 'black' boot locks and my friends has also since fallen out.

Does anyone else have this problem and do u know if there was ever a recall on these?

I'd love to hear from you all.

Hi I am also a new user and had the same problem earlier in the year.
Renault also told me that this just does not happen and yet you can buy replacement kits on ebay or get a dealer to fit one.

The first question has to be do you still have the push button.

If so then you need to go to a local car hardware store and buy a small 'O' ring. about 3p each

Take the button in and you will see a long stork with a notch towards the end. It needs to fit fairly tight.

then you need to remove the internal trimming from the boot door. Needs a star key.

You should now be able to see the back of the lock and feel where the stork comes through.

with very nimble fingers you push the 'o' ring onto the stork and job done.

Sounds easy and it really was but it still took me about an hour as I didn't know what I was doing.
It would now take about 10 mins.

Good luck
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome