Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Clio 2 - Bonnet Catch Failures

View Single Post
post #1014 of (permalink) Old 8th June 2010
Diamond member
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Re: BBC Watchdog report :: Faulty Renault Clio bonnet catches

Another day, another response from VOSA - close but no cigar! Hey-ho! I think I should give up trying to get VOSA acting more responsibly - I really find this whole matter quite bemusing! They are sticking firm on a principle - and the change in government has not made the slightest bit of difference! Grrr!

Any ideas folks?

Part of can't be bother to progressed, the other's want it to be raised to the Parliamentary Ombudsman - but we really know what they will say...!! Moi cynical?

"Dear Mr Brigatti,

Thank you for your email of 20th May addressed to Mike Penning concerning the latching mechanisms on the Renault Clio II bonnets. It has been passed to me to reply as the Vehicle and Operator Services Agency (VOSA), under the terms of the General product Safety Regulations, is empowered as the enforcement authority with sectoral responsibility for automotive matters in the United Kingdom.

As Mr Fiddes explained to you in his letter of 20th May, there is nothing that can be added to his letter to you of 30th April. For this reason any further correspondence received from you on the same subject will not be acknowledged but will be noted and placed on file.

If you believe VOSA have not dealt with your concerns in an appropriate manner due to maladministration then you have a right to ask an MP to refer your complaint to the Parliamentary and Health Service Ombudsman. Alternatively if you consider misfeasance of public office by VOSA, in reaching their decision not to invoke a Safety Recall notice, then it is open to you to seek a Judicial Review.

I enclose the VOSA ***8216;The Service We Give You***8217; booklet which gives advice on how to contact the Ombudsman on page 15.

Yours sincerely,

Brent Waddington
VOSA Corporate Office"

Aaron Brigatti
Brigatti Online -

Clio Bonnet-Catch Issues?
- Read the Correspondence Archive (Recently Updated!) @
- and the latest on my experiences @

Currently in brigatti's garage:
2009 Audi A4 1.4 TFSI
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome