Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Clio 2 - Bonnet Catch Failures

View Single Post
post #1015 of (permalink) Old 8th June 2010
Platinum member
Nominated 0 Times in 1 Post
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 2
Re: BBC Watchdog report :: Faulty Renault Clio bonnet catches

Originally Posted by brigatti View Post
Another day, another response from VOSA - close but no cigar! Hey-ho! I think I should give up trying to get VOSA acting more responsibly - I really find this whole matter quite bemusing! They are sticking firm on a principle - and the change in government has not made the slightest bit of difference! Grrr!

Any ideas folks?

Part of can't be bother to progressed, the other's want it to be raised to the Parliamentary Ombudsman - but we really know what they will say...!! Moi cynical?
Basically he is telling you to eff off and stop wasting their time.

Maladministration? Yes I believe they are badly administered because by their own writings, they admit they are not equipped to progress their remit because they lack the expertise and resources which compel them to rely on the findings of Renault who of course have a conflict of interest that cannot be disputed.

Will you get anywhere with your MP? Possibly, providing you don't make it too difficult for him to understand; you will have to stick to the simple things e.g. the frequency of the failures. You will also have to inculpate the erstwhile Labour government with the failure to take immediate action to remove the risk from the roads.

And the Ombudsman? This service (if that's what it is) is financed by those whom it investigates and pretends to regulate. I have taken two cases to an award stage in UK (Yes I'm an argumentative bar steward and once I bite I won't let go). Also took one case to the local tribunal because of poor performance by a major company (internet) that thought I would fizzle out and withdraw my complaint. Having put in one attendance before the adjudicator, they settled out of court in the amount I was claiming for 30 months poor service. That's what you can expect to have to put up with and with no guarantees.

What would I do? You have already discussed this with your MP I believe, so for that reason, I would probably try that first. On the other hand, if you can quantify your losses and put a specific claim before the ombudsman, you might stand a chance too, but it is a toothless watchdog inasmuch as there is a conflict of interest and impartiality is a foreign word to them in my opinion; my experience has proved to me that they look after their own. This is the trouble with self-regulation... it never self-regulates.

You must be feeling pretty frustrated by all this and so will most people who have taken an interest in this thread. I believe that you should relay this to Watchdog but bear in mind that even they have a master holding the doggie-lead and muzzle.

Whatever you do, try and keep it SIMPLE.

Confucius he say "Wise Inuit never eats yellow snow"
Currently in vass20's garage:
Citroen Relay 2.2 HDi + Citroen C4 1.6 HDi EGS
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome