Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Clio 2 - Bonnet Catch Failures

View Single Post
post #1017 of (permalink) Old 9th June 2010
Diamond member
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Re: BBC Watchdog report :: Faulty Renault Clio bonnet catches

Originally Posted by madnoel10 View Post
I see very much a change in tack going on.

1. They mention legal terms such as maladministration and misfeasance.
2. They also state how both these aspects can be challenged under the current system.

Misfeasance can be quite difficult to determine - ask any lawyer.

But the term maladministration is a term which describes the actions of a government which can be seen as causing an injustice or faulty, inefficient or improper management or administration, especially by a government body.

In my opinion judging from the definition of the term maladministration VOSA are guilty of such after all they have been involved in what is obvious an injustice and also have been both inefficient and improper in their administration.

Getting an MP or any other governmant body to take action is an entirely different matter.
Thanks both.

Maladministration - is an easy one fail in their function as an office (duty of care context) and injustice.

Misfeasance - agree that this is a difficult one, so I need to confirm that they have failed their duty of office - this could be the case of the "personal attack" email received. This is one example. In the case of VOSA - it's a malpractice type of mentality as I see it - i.e. failed to investigate the catch failures.

Either way, this is getting quite messy now...why or why! I just don't have the time or energy - but actually want to see this progress...

Aaron Brigatti
Brigatti Online -

Clio Bonnet-Catch Issues?
- Read the Correspondence Archive (Recently Updated!) @
- and the latest on my experiences @

Currently in brigatti's garage:
2009 Audi A4 1.4 TFSI
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome