Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Clio 2 - Speedo Not Working*FIXED*

View Single Post
post #18 of (permalink) Old 11th June 2010
Platinum member
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Send a message via MSN to stef123
Re: Renault Clio 2 - Speedo Not Working

Originally Posted by peter hurst View Post
I can only advise on the 1999 Clio that I changed to sensor on it did indeed just pull out. At first didnt want to yank too hard as wasn't sure if there were any lugs but there weren't and out it came
The only lugs holding it are on the unit but were below opening and just bend in when you pull the sensor out.
thanks for the reply.

i finally got the sensor out in the end, a big screwdriver and a very swift whack with a hammer! was a last resort but it worked
fitted the new effect so i pulled it out - very easily i might add. but i found a break in the wire that had been hidden but someone had tried to solder it before and made a very bad job of it so i cut the bad section out and crimped it back together with a new piece of wire but still nothing. whats the chances of a new sensor thats duff?

i checked between terminals before ordering the sensor during the week to make sure there was power and an earth to the sensor but i didnt check the signal wire so i will need to trace this back to the ecu ? and see if i have continuity, im hoping its just a bad wire so i can replace it if need be and thats it end of but who knows.

does anyone know if its possible to do a self check thing on the dials? my clio used to do it but i had to hold the computer button on the end of the stalk which this clio doesnt have...

Currently in stef123's garage:
2006 Ford Mondeo ST TDCI
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome