Join Date: May 2010
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Re: Renault Scenic - Faulty Coils Causing Warning Light(Including General Info)*fixed
Sorry me again
Getting more and more concerned about this light that is still on!
Had a busy weekend, done the following;
- Replace all 4 coils one by one
- Changed the oil/oil filter/spark plugs/coolant
- Checked all wire/connections etc in the engine bay
- Disconnected the battery for ours on end to reset the light.
- Have bought some redex to add to the fuel tank when I fill up
Light still on. Have only had the car 8 weeks. Its done 55,000 miles, was off the road from Dec 09 (was a Cat D) and in 8 weeks we have done 2500 miles. Its running like a dream (touch wood!), no misfiring/poor starting/poor economy.
Any help would be good, not sure if i need to replace lambda sensors?? Tried to check them but have no idea how to remove.
In the meantime I have bought a kit to plug the car into my laptop with the relevant software which i'm hoping will tell me what's wrong.(probably won't be much use!)
As much as I love the Scenic (like alot!) I am missing Ford ownership right now
Currently in devilax's garage:
2003 Renault Scenic 1.4 16v Fidji