Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - neleh needs a new motor

View Single Post
post #192 of (permalink) Old 15th June 2010
neleh needs a new motor again

Well - the Ibiza is going. For the last couple of months we've been trying to resolve an intermittent power steering pump failure. So far we've changed the rack, steering angle sensor, electric steering pump and the wiring between all of the bits. No joy. The power steering keeps failing.

My local garage and his auto electrician have now admitted defeat, and so have Seat. I'm afraid that I would not buy another Seat, and we did intend to get Helen a newer Ibiza or possibly a Leon. The bill so far to *not* solve the problem is running into the high hundreds, and I'm afraid it's time to stop.

We test drove a Suzuki Swift at weekend and I must admit to being very impressed. The only problem is the price of small cars at the moment! We were wanting to get hold of something less than 12 months old with as low mileage as possible. I just can't get my head around having to spend upwards of 7K for a bloody super mini!

So - any experiences of super minis much appreciated. She likes:

o Suzuki Swift.
o New Ford Fiesta.
o Last shape Ford Fiesta.
o Mazda2.

She is less keen on:

o Vauxhall Corsa.
o Skoda Fabia.
o Renault Clio.

The bottom end Japanese & American stuff and the like, such as the following, are out of the picture:

o Hyundai.
o Chevrolet.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome