Thread: Leanne
View Single Post
post #3 of (permalink) Old 17th July 2006
Platinum member
Nominated 0 Times in 1 Post
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 1
Originally Posted by leanne
hello Everyone

My names Leanne and i am new to this website so maybe you could help me out a little bit...

I have a clio 1.2 16v year 2002. for the past couple of weeks now, ive been having problems... when i first turn my key, the car feels as if it is vibrating.. as im putting my foot down on the accelerator, the car is jumping and when i go to pull off in first gear or reverse, it splutters and judders along.. i have to really put my foot down on the accelerator just so i can move.. i have taken it to a renault garage and they said that its my injector, but all they did was change the spark plugs as they had badly corroded. now i have my car back, it is still doing it. .. has anyone got any ideas at all.
Thanks Leanne
Hello Leanne and a very warm welcome to the forum. Does the car only do this when cold or all the time? Once the revs have built up is it ok or better then? Could be a number of things I'm affraid, HT leads, injector blocked, TDC sensor or even just a split pipe in the engine. If you can give a little bit more info that would be great. Hope this helps. Kind regards Oily.

I am not an alcoholic. Alcoholics go to meetings:D "
Currently in Oilyrag's garage:
59 Vauxhall Zaffira 1.6 Life & 1957 Austin A35
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome