Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Megane 1 faults

Thread: Megane 1 faults
View Single Post
post #52 of (permalink) Old 18th June 2010
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Angry Re: Megane 1.6Rt sport problems to date

Originally Posted by dmulholl View Post
I purchase the car as a 2 year old with16,000 miles in 2000. It now has 128,000 and I have just replaced the cyclinder head gasket and cam belt for the first time (K7M engine). The head gasket had started to loose water, but the belt was fine.

Problem to date have been few for the 100,000 mileage, but below is a list, all of which have been fixed:

Front wheel bearings replaced(rumbling noise with speed)

Drive shafts replaced(outer gaitor securing clips snapped)

Rear indicators and brakes flashing lighting incorrectly
(pins bent on rear light cluster connector)

Door handles stop working (lots of lubrication spray)
Rear door did not close at all (stripped down door lock and lubricated again)
Rear outside door handle not operating (plastic pin snapped, but mainly my fault on reassemble -see above)

Handbrake siezes on ( Lubricate hand brage arm and pivoy inside rear brake drums)

Lower front ball joint play (replaced)

Engine misfire and lack of power.(Traced to earthing fault on left hand side of engine near dip stick, not ECU )

Broken side indicator and dented front wing (hit deer early in the morning, Panel sprung out new indicator lens from Renault)

Facia light failing by radio, mileometer( Remove dash and replace bulbs, about 30 mins max)

Hole in petrol filter (replaced)

Tyres, exhaust, oil , filters, spark plugs, brake pads/disks/shoes and wiper blades.
(not found a solution to these other than not driving the car!)

Imobiliser is a pain in the . 20 seconds and you have to unlock and relock the car - Any know how to disable it?

Hi...I have a 1.6 megane coupe, and got a rumbling wheel bearing...any idea how much to replace? Kwik Fit want 108 each side...

Currently in orv's garage:
1998 Renault Megane Coupe 1.6 Sport
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome