Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Calling all Laguna II Owners, need your comments!

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 20th June 2010 Thread Starter
Diamond member
Nominated 0 Times in 1 Post
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Question Calling all Laguna II Owners, need your comments!

Hi folks,

OK first of all - the Vel Satis is going. My aunt from England was over, fell in love with it, and is buying it off me. It will be sadly missed but hey, it's still in the family!

The replacement? Obvious answer is another Vel as I've loved every minute of owning mine, but I have a thing about buying the same car twice. I've decided a Laguna II would be nice. I realise they have an awful reliability record, but so does the Vel Satis.

Now the reason for posting this thread is to ask which engine to buy? I go back and forward to England a lot, and the 3.0 dV6 Auto has been perfect for this. I'd love another automatic, but they are quite hard to come by with the Laguna.

I work at a car auction, we have a 2002 1.8 Auto. Privilège in at the mo. I've driven it around and love the gearbox, the interior and the generous spec. I'd have it in a heartbeat, it's just bad timing, Vel isn't gone yet and pay day isn't for a week - the reserve is only £1,200.

So, the 1.8 Auto is my favourite at the moment. I think the 1.6 would be too underpowered, the 1.9 dCi suffers from horrifc turbo issues (the reason I bought a petrol Mégane). Is the 2.2 dCi any better? I would also have a 3.0 V6, they are just very rare. Heard of a few issues with the 2.0 IDE also...

I'd appreciate the views from you owners. What you like and don't like about the engine in your Laguna II.

Currently in MéganeDynamique's garage:
Avantime 3.0 V6 24v Privilège Auto, Vel Satis 3.0 dV6 Initiale, Vel Satis 2.2 dCi Auto Privilège, Laguna II 3.0 V6 24v Dynamique, Mégane II 2.0 VVT Dynamique, Mégane 1.6 Auto Privilège+ Convertible, Clio 1.9 RT-D
  5 Lastest Threads by MéganeDynamique
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
The new Mégane CC - any owners? Cars dinn 7 4817 10th June 2013 10:38 PM
Thermostat Location - '96 Clio Diesel Engines madnoel10 3 1165 16th March 2013 09:39 PM
Megane II - Xenon headlight fault Electronics dave_mezza2006 7 5618 27th January 2013 03:54 PM
3.0 V6 24v - Which Oil? Engines MéganeDynamique 2 1226 25th September 2012 12:24 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome