Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Laguna 2 - Heater Blower *FIXED*

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 23rd June 2010 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Renault Laguna 2 - Heater Blower *FIXED*

My heater blower gave up the ghost during the winter after my drains at the top of the wings had become blocked and I could hear water sloshing about in the heater. Not having a nice garage to work in I bought an electric demister and put on warm clothes, and used the wife's car when we went out . When this hot weather came and I couldn't use the AC, I thought I had better have a look.

Looking in Haynes I was surprised how easily it was accessed ! I took it out and thought I might as well have a go at fixing it.

I unclipped the end cover and looked inside. I freed the brushes using a little meths and checked to see if I had a circuit, no such luck. Plugged it back in and tried it. No joy. I couldn't get to see the commutator, let alone clean it. Nothing to lose, I poured some meths into the motor, squeezed the brushes hard in and turned the motor. I checked for a circuit and found a resistance. I let the meths dry a bit, put the end back on and plugged it in again. It worked!!

It has been great having the AC on again this week.
Currently in francisheal's garage:
2003 Renault Laguna II 1.9dCi Sports Tourer Initiale
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to francisheal For This Useful Post:
Lagdti (23rd June 2010), zac (23rd December 2015)
  5 Lastest Threads by francisheal
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Renault Laguna 2 - Heater Blower *FIXED* Laguna Bandit127 2 5187 23rd June 2010 07:16 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome