Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Clio - Electronics - Immobiliser issues

View Single Post
post #31 of (permalink) Old 24th June 2010
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Unhappy Re: Renault Clio - Electronics - Immobiliser issues

PLEASE HELP!!! My 2002 clio wont start, the key fob opens and locks the doors but when i try to turn key nothing happens!! My boyfriend thinks the key has lost its code to disable the immobiliser?? Does this sound right? Ive been told by a mechanic there will be a code in my hand book and i have to hold central locking button (on the dash) for a few seconds, the doors lock and unlock and then i have to enter the code- but there are lots of codes in my hand book :s plus i have tried holding down the central locking button nothing happens!! I phoned renault who said i have to go to them with proof i own the car and they will give me the code for 20. Is this definately what is wrong with it?? Will the code work and how do i put it in?????? i had to re-enter my radio code a few months ago and i did that with the controls on the steering wheel- should i do it with this???? im confused!!!!
Currently in bev0804's garage:
2002 Renault Clio 1.4 16v
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome