Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Undertray Poll

Thread: Undertray Poll
View Single Post
post #5 of (permalink) Old 24th June 2010 Thread Starter
Diamond member
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Re: Undertray Poll

I'd love it if someone could source a picture of the underside of a Vel Satis, as my car does seem to have a smaller undertray/spolier right at the very front... actually, it seems to have 2 - one larger one and then a little 'fin' one right at the very front. The tray which is missing, compared to my dad's Vel Satis, is the very large one covering the sump and the area from the front wheels backwards towards the middle and rear of the car.

So maybe the fact I've got 2 out of 3 undertrays in place isn't as worrying as it I had none, as maybe the belts etc are protected?

Reading a thread about C5s on Honest John, it seems petrol C5 do not have an undertray, but diesel ones do. WTF? Surely if an undertray is to protect the mechanics and electrics, one would be fitted to both diesel and petrol C5s, or any other car? One of the HJ forum members says "I have been told by Citroen UK that it is there to protect vulnerable parts. If it was there to smooth the airflow, then the petrol models would have them too."

All a bit baffling, really. But Dave, it sounds like you're not of the view I should sit here like a rabbit in headlights, cancelling days out etc i.e. that I shouldn't worry as much about having an undertray...

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome