Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Should Renault dealers charge for courtesy cars during recall work?

View Single Post
post #8 of (permalink) Old 18th July 2006 Thread Starter
grand scenery
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Originally Posted by SportTourer
I agree, as the car is subject to a recall they should be more co-operative.
However, from your post I get the impression you may have got a bit carried away and got too cross too soon.
We don't know the full story or how awkward your dealer is being, I am just going by the tone of your posts, sorry if I am wrong.

SportTourer as you say, you dont know the full story, so here goes
I receive a recall letter, I politely call the dealership, I politely ask about the possibility of a courtesy car given that our car is to be at the dealership for a full day, I explain politely that this recall will cause inconvenience.
At no stage of the conversation do I get stroppy, no bad language, I merely reply when they mention the charge for a courtesy car that I will contact renault customer services , what is wrong in that?
I email renault customer services , again it is done in a polite calm manner.
The tone of my posts can be down to the fact that this dealership has had its money and is now giving the two fingered salute regard courtesy.
But thats ok, as I say there comes a pay back time.
If the recall is so important, safety wise, imo they should provide free courtesy cars or sort something that does not disadvantage the customer monetery wise, if someone cannot afford to pay for the courtesy car and something happens to do with the recall problem I think renault could be partially held responsible, or atleast the dealer from where the car was bought.
In all my dealings with them I have been polite, hope that helps.
Currently in grand scenery's garage:
renault grand scenic 05 model
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome