Thread: Undertray Poll
View Single Post
post #19 of (permalink) Old 25th June 2010
Technical Supremo

Nominated 16 Times in 67 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 28
Thanked 5,199 Times in 4,711 Posts
Re: Undertray Poll

I would agree I've lost count of the number of cars I have came across who have mysteriously lost their undertrays. Lets be honest if it broke or shattered you would hear it. So the only conclusion I can come to is that many mechanics just can't be bothered replacing them. I was visiting a small garage last week and there were an Alpha up on the ramp and I watched the mechanic remove its undertray and then proceeded to instruct his young apprentice to take it to the skip out the back.
I am beginning to wonder how many poor motorists have suffered problems as a result of such shoddy practice. Yes they can be a PITA to remove and refit but surely the customer deserves better.

In hu88ertvelsat's case whilst the garage was very apologetic they damned well knew it hadn't been replaced - after all it was in a store-room. Could it have felt lonely and wandered in by itself seeking the company of its own kind?
Had they any intentions of informing the customer of their error??

If it were me I would don my favourite T-shirt - make an appointment to see the manager and point to the statement boldly printed both back and front of my shirt. It says "Don't pi$$ on my back and tell me its raining OK"

Rant over - feel much better now.
Currently in madnoel10's garage:
Honda Civic 1.4l
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome