Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Laguna 2 - 1.8 16v Throttle Problem*FIXED*

View Single Post
post #62 of (permalink) Old 25th June 2010
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Re: Renault Laguna 2 - 1.8 16v Throttle Problem*FIXED*

Originally Posted by Blackpool View Post
Hi Lofty,
I have had the same problem with my Laguna recently. Fortunate for me my mate owns a garage and looks after all my cars. I called him out and he plugged the diagnostics into the car, the plug is behind your ashtray. I watched as he tested my ecu for faults and it appeared I had 8 different faults showing up. At the press of a button all the faults was gone and the car is running like new again.
He explained it to me like an ordinary pc that gets clitches and needs to be rebooted, the ecu can do the same from time to time and needs a reboot.
If you take it to be looked at, always ask if they have the up to date software loaded as renault are constantly updating.
Good luck.
Does the ecu on a Renault not reset itself when you disconnect the battery for at least ten minutes and reconnect it? It does on my Transit and most of the other cars I've worked on, but you need to let idle for a while on restart and then a drive a few miles nice and steady. On newer models Mercedes in particular you can not do this.
Currently in worstcasescenario's garage:
Ford Transit, 2.0 dohc 114 hp Renault Scenic 1.6e Peugeot 205 1.1
The Following User Says Thank You to worstcasescenario For This Useful Post:
Gunbunny (27th June 2010)
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome