Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Should Renault dealers charge for courtesy cars during recall work?

View Single Post
post #11 of (permalink) Old 18th July 2006
Platinum member
Nominated 0 Times in 1 Post
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 2
In MY opinion, you get nowhere by CONTINUEING to be polite. I would play merry hell if they took this attitude and I really needed the courtesy car having told them that I was prepared to wait until one is available.

If it is a recall, you are entled to a replacement while they do whatever they have determined is necessary to rectify their FAULTY parts/labour. I would make a point of insisting on their fulfilling this obligation, even if I didn't need a car, if this is their attitude.

The work has to be carried out when it suits you or you can hold them responsible for any safety issue.

Regarding the response from RCS , I suspect that what I suggested in other posts, i.e. that the first contact response is always a "Sorry, but NO", is becoming more and more perceptible with every new complaint. Look for contacts at a higher level (elsewhere on these pages) and complain via email or phone.

I disagree that trading standards cannot or will not help you. If this is a safety issue, I would even email VOSA.

Please do let us know how this turns out.

Currently in vass20's garage:
Citroen Relay 2.2 HDi + Citroen C4 1.6 HDi EGS
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome