Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Laguna II - Phase 1 - Engines - 1.8 16v MPG Figures & Owners Comments

View Single Post
post #34 of (permalink) Old 27th June 2010
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Re: Renault Laguna II - Phase 1 - Engines - 1.8 16v MPG Figures & Owners Comments

A few weeks ago I bought an '02 Laguna II 1.8 16v, with 71,000 miles on it. Filled it up with fuel (supermarket unleaded, not V-Power of BP Ultimate etc) and reset the trip computer.

12 days of 'gentle' driving later the fuel light finally came on after I'd done 469 miles.
I manually calculated the fuel consumption at 35.8mpg, the trip computer said I'd done 36.2 which is an acceptable margin of error (1%).

I'm happy with that figure as the Lag is a big heavy car, but it's a little hard to take after my previous car (Xsara HDi diesel) did 50-55...

One thing I did notice was the "miles to go" figure on the trip computer. When the fuel needle was deep into the red (perhaps 1-2mm off the stop) it said I had 55 miles to go. Then the warning light came on and the display changed to "---".

How much fuel is left in the tank when the light comes on? Most cars say about 5 litres, but I cannot find the info in the handbook.
Currently in pitmonster's garage:
2002 Laguna II 1.8 16v Expression
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome