Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - How to Communicate Important Things To Your Garage?

View Single Post
post #6 of (permalink) Old 28th June 2010
Inveterate Bodger
Nominated 0 Times in 3 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 1
Re: How to Communicate Important Things To Your Garage?

I think I'll "forget" a couple of 4-packs of lager in the boot next time then!

I just make sure it's moderately clean and there's nothing to get in their way so they're not having to about moving all my crap and hunting for things. Got it a bit wrong this time by leaving the locking wheelnut adaptor in the driver's side door pocket ... under a pile of cassettes. By the time I remembered and stopped by, they already had it up on the jack and the wheels off.

Other than that, I've recently found that handing over a couple of post-its with the relevant info on them seems to work well for making sure things aren't forgotten / misunderstood. I was a bit apologetic about it at first (they were as much an aide-memoire for myself and an excuse to not have to recite a lengthy spiel five times in a row), but the receiving mechanic seemed quite happy about it - at least in comparison to his mate's scrawled, hopelessly terse notes on the booking-in form. Everything I wanted done actually got done, and not a single thing extra, which I think may well be a world first :D
Currently in tahrey's garage:
Honda CG125, Scott Voltage MX5, dirt, lots of random bottles and tools, porktastic Clio III DCi, dodgy shelves...
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome