Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - How to Communicate Important Things To Your Garage?

View Single Post
post #9 of (permalink) Old 28th June 2010
Veteran Member
Technical Supremo
Fishing the Sea Champion
Nominated 1 Time in 1 Post
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 11
Re: How to Communicate Important Things To Your Garage?

Originally Posted by hu88ertvelsat View Post
Hi Donald,

I wish I was mechanically able like yourself - that'd be great.

But having to depend on others, I've unfortunately not yet found that perfect blend who I can trust, who...
  • is local
  • has CLIP software etc
  • doesn't charge the earth
  • is VAT registered so my warranty company will deal with them
  • emails and doesn't always phone back
  • talks to me in a detailed, friendly way

Hopefully at some point in the future I'll find somewhere that covers all those things, but in the meantime I always try to express things by email as much as I can, so I hope that's not a bad thing.

I was the same as you at one point and knew absolutely nothing about cars, iam still learning and don't pretend i know all when i fact i don't and i think the golden rule when doing your own servicing is not to bite off more than you can chew as thats when things can go wrong and mistakes happen and make sure you have the tools you need to do the job before starting,

Thats the problem getting all you need under one roof nowadays as it can be a hard thing to do with a modern car at small independents but there are some very good un's out there thats for sure,

Ive said it before its always best to stay with the same garage once you find one your happy with as after time you will build up a good foundation and friendship so to speak with them then they learn to know your needs and know the car when it come to MOT time?? which in my opinion can be less stressful time,

Cheers Don
Currently in Donald's garage:
2005 Mercedes Benz C200 Classic SE Kompresser & 1998 Fiat Cinquecento Fire Sporting,some may say i could do far better?,i say i could do far worse.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome