Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Rattling Noise - Laguna 2

View Single Post
post #9 of (permalink) Old 30th June 2010 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Re: Rattling Noise - Laguna 2

The noise is back. This time I checked the heat shield and that is intacked all the way. The exhaust is intact aswell. The noise comes from the rear left side. When driving on a bumpy road the rear right wheel goes over a bump and there is no rattling sound. When the left rear wheel goes over a bump then there is a rattling sound. The sound is the same as before with the heat shields I can't seem to find where its coming from. I just had the car M.O.T two days ago I told the mechanic to sort out the rattling noise out aswell but he couldn't find where it was coming from. He said the heat shield and exhaust is intact but he thinks the rattling noise is coming from the exhaust box. But when you shake the exhaust there is no rattling noise so I don't think its that. Do any of you guys know what the problem could be? Is it the shock absorber if it is how can I check to make sure. There are these two plastic covers on both rear wheels which covers the springs and are cracked but the noise is more like a metal banging type. Btw the car did pass the M.O.T
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome